PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Quantity fields in 1.5.2.8

1. I've got a form with a quantity field in it. For some reason, the value of this field isn't recorded on Form Submission. It just appears as an empty field under 'Entries'. I've tried removing all the options - no validation, no minimum, no conditional logic, no CSS class, nothing. Tried recreating the field, adding an additional quantity field with a different name: nothing.

I've added a 'number' field after the quantity field and that works just fine.

Is this a known issue?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday September 21, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do.

The Quantity field by itself doesn't work. There has to be a Product Field present. The Quantity is the Quantity of a Product. If there is no Product, there is no Quantity. The Pricing Fields are designed to be used together, not independently.

If you want a Quantity field on your form and you aren't using any other Pricing Fields, specifically the Product Field, then you'd have to use a different field type such as the Number field. The Quantity field is a specific advanced field designed to work in tandem with the other Pricing Fields.

3. Hi Carl,

Thanks. I notice you've changed the way GF decides which fields to store.

I used the Quantity field along with a pricing field originally to hook into PHPurchase. Anyway, swapped it out for a number field now and all's good.

Thanks for the response/hope this is useful for someone else.

David

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.