PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Re: Apache Web Server Crash & PHP Errors - Gravity Forms 1.3.7

1. jhayes4

hey guys - I'm using 1.3.7 and am getting various crashing issues on my website and in the logs it looks like perhaps gravity forms has something to do with it. I'm usually able to restart my server after a crash, but it's happening quite often now.

I'm not sure if it's a Gravity Forms issue (or if there is another root cause) but thought i'd send you some samples from my error logs that mention Gravity Forms and see if it makes sense to you and what you recommend I do.

Thanks!
    Johnny
    sf.funcheap.com

APACHE LOGS:
    The Apache (web server) logs show this as the first entry before the crashing started:
    [Tue Dec 08 22:58:48 2009] [error] [client 71.xxx.xx.xxx] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed, referer: http://sf.funcheap.com/submit-form/
    (note from johnny - sf.funcheap.com/submit-form is the page with gravity forms on it and i've hiden my ip address with xxx)

PHP ERROR LOGS - these don't happen to the same time, but this is an error
    from Gravity Forms:
    WordPress database error Unknown column 'robotsmeta' in 'field list' for
    query UPDATE wp_posts SET robotsmeta = '' WHERE ID = 2704 made by
    require, require_once, include, the_content, apply_filters,
    call_user_func_array, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback,
    do_shortcode_tag, call_user_func, RGForms->parse_shortcode,
    RGForms->get_form, GFFormDisplay->get_form,
    GFFormDisplay->handle_submission, RGFormsModel->save_lead,
    RGFormsModel->save_input, wp_insert_post, do_action,
    call_user_func_array, RobotsMeta_Admin->robotsmeta_insert_post

Posted 14 years ago on Friday December 11, 2009 | Permalink
  2. Johnny,
    These errors don't seem to be caused by Gravity Forms.
    Gravity Forms is the referrer page for the first error, but the apr_bucket_read() function seems to be the one throwing the error and that is not a Gravity Forms function.

The second error is caused by an invalid SQL statement. It seems to be initiated by the RobotsMeta_Admin->robotsmeta_insert_posts. Is RobotsMeta a plugin? If so, I think that is the place to look at.

Posted 14 years ago on Saturday December 12, 2009 | Permalink
  3. jhayes4

thanks very much for the feedback alex - i appreciate it!
    johnny

Posted 14 years ago on Monday December 14, 2009 | Permalink