PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Safari 5.0.3 / Gravity Forms 1.5 Beta3 Admin Issue

1. bfitzsimons

Hi there,

Just picked up Gravity forms today and I have to say it looks pretty awesome. However I've encountered a issue and spent some time trying to resolve it / reading the forum to see if there is similar but to no avail. Basically when Im in the WP Admin console I try add a form feature from the righthand feature selection tool and the dropdown wont remain open. Posting on the forum is really a last resort.

I took a video of the issue and you can see it here http://vimeo.com/17199050

In trying to diagnose and fix the problem I upgraded to the 1.5 Beta3 edition, Reinstalled Wordpress 3.0.1 and also Reinstalled the theme currently applied. I turned off extensions in Safari and I deactivated all Plug-ins but gravityforms. Now I'm stuck :(

The only issue I identified I'm actually not sure would affect the operation of the dropdown. My site is on PHP4 and not PHP5. Could this be the issue or are there any ideas what else might be causing this.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me, this has me completely puzzled!

Many thanks, Brian

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday November 25, 2010 | Permalink
  2. GF requires PHP 5+

Before troubleshooting any further I strongly urge updating your PHP.

PHP 5 adds different functionality amidst many common pre-built functions as well as redefines others. The list of differences between version 4 and 5 is extensive but it really comes down to this: PHP is fully object oriented now and is quickly leaving the structured programming approach in the dirt.

3. bfitzsimons

Thanks urmedia, I'm going to do that anyway. Im with Mediatemple on a Gridserver so I've logged a request. Apparently they have to make the changes for me. In the meantime, is this something you may have seen before connected to PHP4/5.

Thanks again, Brian

4. Not with GF, directly but yes. I can basically narrow down the conflict being Ajax and jquery.

If the list of fields is dynamically updated (smart OO programming there) then we can assume ajax conflict - which is basically just recieving a string or array from a function in PHP.

Updating to PHP 5 will (most likely) fix the issue.

5. bfitzsimons

Thanks urmedia! I'm hoping the update will be complete in the next 12h. I'll post again when its done and let you know how I got on :)

Thanks again, Brian

6. I still have a MT gridserver account and can set the php version myself.

look for this in the center of the control panel..

http://grab.by/7Akp

the you can set the version per domain..

http://grab.by/7Aks

I have several instances of Gravity Forms installed under this account - all set to PHP5 and all work without any issue.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday November 26, 2010 | Permalink