Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/content/31/8674631/html/sf/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions.php on line 98
I've been working on this since 3:30am, and I've just done something to break my entire site. I'm not a developer. And right now I'm shaking with stress.
I was trying to create a form Confirmation page using the sample code provided here:
I copied the code for the 2-page form example, and pasted it into the functions.php file of my theme (Canvas, by Woo Themes).
I was very careful! I'm not a developer and I didn't TOUCH anything in the functions.php file except paste the code into the custom area.
1. I was working on the form located on this page:
2. I copied and pasted the example code into functions.php. I removed the start and end php from the example code. I specifed the form ID (15) and the field ID (93) of the HTML field on my second page. Saved.
3. Then I went to my contact form, filled it out, and clicked Next. The confirmation page displayed the Previous and Send buttons, but no field entries.
4. I thought maybe I'd made a mistake by removing the start/end php tags from the example, so I pasted them back in.
Saved. And got the error at the top of this message.
5. I went back to functions.php and removed the start/end php tags from the Gravity example. Saved. Same error.
6. I deleted the Gravity example code. Saved. Still getting the error.
7. Pasted in the original code for functions.php. Saved. Still the error.
There is only one '<' in the entire file: at the beginning. What does the parser want?
I have no idea what to do! And I would really appreciate any help or suggestions ASAP!!! This site is being reviewed by the attorneys and partners today, and it is totally broken.