PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

The answer on how to fix the Conditional Logic Jquery issue (Last Upgrade)

  1. On behalf of the plethora of people posting about the latest update causing conditional logic not working due to jquery issues.

    Please post how to fix, with the code in header/footer what code is required to make Gravity Forms work again.

    I know that people have been rolling back to older versions of Gravity Forms but is that really the solution?

    Posted 9 years ago on Friday September 28, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Zeus, can you post a link to a form where you are experiencing a problem? Every jQuery and JavaScript error is different and each one is addressed as such.

    In general, for conditional logic to work, the proper version of jQuery has to be included one time on the page, in the header, not minified, and there cannot be any JavaScript errors. Not having any one of those things correct will cause conditional logic not to work.

    There can also be a problem with themes or plugins adding additional markup to the form (Themeforest or any theme which utilizes something like the [raw] shortcode are common culprits). That additional invalid markup can also break Gravity Forms conditional logic.

    Please post a link to the page where you form with conditional logic is not working, and we will be happy to help you address the issue.

    Posted 9 years ago on Friday September 28, 2012 | Permalink
  3. It's an Intranet site.

    We are not programmers, which is why we chose WordPress and Gravity Forms etc..

    Is there any way for us to downgrade back to the old version and wait until Gravity Forms update can identify these scenarios and install successfully?

    OR. Can someone please post some code on how to fix? As I understand there is some code that can be put in the header or footer.??

    Also, if the only answer is to rollback, can you post a link to instructions on how to do this?

    Posted 9 years ago on Monday October 1, 2012 | Permalink
  4. It's an Intranet site.

    We are not programmers, which is why we chose WordPress and Gravity Forms etc..

    Is there any way for us to downgrade back to the old version and wait until Gravity Forms update can identify these scenarios and install successfully?

    OR. Can someone please post some code on how to fix? After reading the numerous complaints on this from everyone on the forum, I understand there is some code that can be put in the header or footer.??

    Also, if the only answer is to rollback, can you post a link to instructions on how to do this?

    Posted 9 years ago on Monday October 1, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Oh, and one other thing, it's only after we upgraded that the logic stopped working, so it's not the theme, or other plugin, it's something that is not compatible with the new update...

    Posted 9 years ago on Monday October 1, 2012 | Permalink
  6. The answer is not to rollback. There is no way to post code to fix this, as every problem is unique. 99% of the time when a form with conditional logic does not work, it is due to JavaScript or jQuery errors, as I explained in my previous reply. I can't actually think of what the other 1% of the problems were due to.

    Since yours is an intranet application, can you try the form from the preview and see if conditional logic works there?

    Posted 9 years ago on Monday October 1, 2012 | Permalink
  7. It does not work there, the form appears completely blank.
    PLEASE, if there is no fix, can you send instructions to RollBack, we have not been able to use this form for 3 days now... The last version worked fine...
    Thank you.

    Posted 9 years ago on Monday October 1, 2012 | Permalink
  8. Hi you can close this ticket now.
    The solution as identified in this post worked.

    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/fear-of-accepting-a-new-upgrade

    1) Deactive the plugin
    2) Delete the plugin
    3) Install the previous (working version)
    4) Re-create the forms you had before

    Voila! Conditional Logic works and all is well !

    Look forward to future fixes for this, what is otherwise a great product!

    Posted 9 years ago on Monday October 1, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.