You would accomplish this using a Product Field instead of a Shipping Field to handle your Shipping using the Calculation functionality available to the Product Field.
- Add a Product Field to your form
- Edit this new Product Field
- Select "Calculation" from the field type
- Give it a Field Label of "Shipping" or however you want to refer to it
- In the formula for the calculation, configure the necessary formula to calculate the cost. You would multiple the quantity of the product field using the available merge tags by the shipping cost you want to apply.
- See this screenshot:
I have created an example form and exported it to XML. You can download the XML here (download link will appear in top right to download the actual file):
Go to Import/Export in Gravity Forms, select Import forms and import this XML file. You can then edit and preview this example form that shows how to do this using calculations.
Just keep in mind the formula is going to be form specific as it uses merge tags and merge tags are form specific. You will need to adjust your formula as needed to suit your needs.
Posted 8 years ago on Monday June 4, 2012 | Permalink