PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Updating to 1.6.4.5 changed confirmation message upon "submit."

1. thegoodfox

I just updated to version 1.6.4.5 and immediately noticed an undesirable change to my “contact us” form.

Previously, when the sender clicked the “submit” button, he or she received a confirmation message which said: “Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.” The font was of normal size, centered, and enclosed in a yellow box which set it off quite nicely.

Now, the same message appears, but it’s set in a very tiny font size, aligned left, and there is no surrounding yellow message box.

I’m using wordpress version 3.4.1

Here is a link to the contact form to which I’m referring:
    http://testing.taglinebusiness.com/contact-us/

I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me how to get this message to once again appear as it did before the update.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 20, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Please see this:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/where-did-the-yellow-confirmation-box-go?replies=4#post-64157

The reason:

We got more & more complaints about overriding the default styling of the confirmation so I removed it a while back. I'm thinking of adding it back at some point, perhaps as a ready class option with a couple of modifications.

3. thegoodfox

Thank you, Chris, for the quick reply. The code worked just fine.

One question, however: If in fact you recode in the near future (in order to bring back the yellow confirmation box), will the presence of the code that I just added to my theme’s style.css conflict with your update?

4. It should not conflict. However, if the selectors are the same, but the styles are different, you might end up with some weirdness. You can get more specific with your selectors to ensure your CSS always "wins", or you can add !important to each line so that your CSS ALWAYS wins. If you choose to do that, it will look like this:

[css]
    #gforms_confirmation_message {
    	background-color:#fffac6!important;
    	border:1px solid #feda70!important;
    	margin-top:10px!important;
    	margin-bottom:10px!important;
    	padding:20px 0!important;
    	font-size:14px!important;
    	color:#252525!important;
    	text-align:center!important;
    }

You could also add a CSS class to your form and then change this CSS to target the form more specifically. There are a lot of ways to do it to ensure you don't have problems in the future.

Good reading about CSS Specificity:
    http://css-tricks.com/specifics-on-css-specificity/