PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Upgrade from version 1.4.5 to version 1.6.4.4.2

1. I recently transferred a wordpress site to a new server and wish to upgrade the Gravity Form component. http://www.haberfieldchiropractic.com.au
    I purchased a new personal lic and downloaded the latest version and entered my new lic # but how do I upgrade the plugin. Update plugins gives an error saying I have the most recent (1.4.5) Do I need to delete the existing plugin and if so do I then have to rebuild the form?
    Also I noted that on the name field I do not get an option to select anything but normal format. What is preventing that?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 29, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

You can delete your installation from the wp-plugins directory without effecting the information (forms and entries) stored in the database. Once you have 1.6.4.4.2 running, let me know if you are still having issues with the name field.

3. Thanks David
    I was concerned about the delete but all went well.
    I am still having problems with the name field though. Name field properties tab has the option of "Name Format" greyed out and showing "normal" I was after the "simple" version - one field?

4. David Peralty

Can you send me an admin login at peralty@rocketgenius.com so I can take a look?

5. This is probably because you have entry data tied to the format of that field. You'd either need to delete the field (which will delete the data for that field for each entry), or duplicate the form and then select the new name format. There are a couple of other variants to do - the main question is how valuable are the stored entries to you?

6. Thanks for the support David and Rob....
    I deleted the data entries but no luck so I deleted the field and created a new one using the same form which worked. So alls well. Can do without the old data I guess.

7. No problem, glad to help out.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday May 30, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.