PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

upgraded to latest version (v1.6.1) - says WordPress 2.8 or greater is needed

1. our website is using WordPress 2.9.2 (I am not the site administrator); I upgraded Gravity Forms to latest version (v1.6.1) .. .. now when I try to edit the form or export data from it, I get the message that I need WordPress 2.8 or greater – yet I am using WordPress 2.9.2

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 30, 2011 | Permalink
  2. That may be an erroneous error message. The plugin requirements on the in the footer of the website state:

Gravity Forms requires a minimum of WordPress version 3.2, MySQL 5 and PHP 5 in order to function properly. Please note that Gravity Forms is not compatible with the WordPress.com hosted service.

2.8 and 2.9.2 are both too old to function properly. There were significant changes to WordPress in 3.0, and 3.2, possible 3.1 as well.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 1, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Thanks for the response, Chris.

version 1.5.3 worked fine with WordPress 2.9.2 .. .. is it possible to re-gress to that version while I wait for a repsonse from our website administrator about upgrading our version of WordPress, so I can get the data ? .. .. if so, where could I download that version ?

regards ... PeterK

4. Old plugin versions are not available for download that I know of. We always recommend running the latest version of the Gravity Forms plugin and WordPress.

5. Hi PeterK

I've just had the same problem as you, after updating Gravity Forms on a client's site yesterday, and I found this thread here. We can't upgrade Wordpress right now, but luckily I found a copy of 1.5.2.8 on my hard drive, which is working fine for now.

If you're still looking for it, just mail me on cohen.jonno@gmail.com.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 8, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Out of curiosity why can't these old sites be upgraded to WordPress v3.2.1?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 8, 2011 | Permalink
  7. In my case it was just a question of timing. I was applying a couple of minor changes to the site and decided to update the plugins while I was at it, but going through the process of upgrading WP and ensuring everything is in working order would have been too involved for the time allocated. We'll probably upgrade in the new year.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 9, 2011 | Permalink
  8. 3.3 should be out then and you can upgrade right to that.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 9, 2011 | Permalink