PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Upgrading from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3.3.4 gets an HTTP Error 500 Internal Server

1. joanna

The site is running on WP 3.3.2, Genesis Framework updated to 1.8, CrystaI Child Theme. Front end is fine, but breaks the dashboard. I searched forum for similar issues and ran the following tests:

1. Deactivated all plugins: Brought GF back first, results in same error.
    2. Switched theme to Twenty Eleven: results in same error.
    3. Deleted GF plugin folder, manually reinstalled through server. Reactivated. Results in same error.

This is not happening on other sites (I have dev license), only this one. I'm not having any problems with I.6.2, it's working fine.

Here's the URL for the contact form page: http://eastendbuzz.com/contact/
    Here's the error message I'm getting instead of the dashboard:

"The website encountered an error while retrieving http://eastendbuzz.com/wp-admin/plugins.php?deactivate=true&plugin_status=all&paged=1&s=. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request."

Thanks Muchly :-)

Posted 11 years ago on Monday April 30, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Could you e-mail me an admin login account access so I can take a look and see what I can do to help? My e-mail is peralty@rocketgenius.com

3. joanna

Done. Thanks David.

4. joanna

David,
    Thanks for your email. Here's my news: Called host and made the following changes:

1. switched from PHP5 to PHP5.2 (single php.ini).
    2. Increased memory from 64 to 128.
    3. Restored WP-contents folder from backup as dashboard was broken again due to (I guess) your replicating the problem I described.
    4. Deleted current GF folder from plugins folder on server.
    5. uploaded 1.6.4.zip new GF release and extracted.
    6. Activated through dashboard.
    Same error :-(
    7. Restored wp-content backup folder to start again.
    8. Uninstalled plugin from dashboard to remove completely.
    9. Uploaded 1.6.4 zip and extracted new install.
    10 Activated through dashboard
    Same error :-(

I give up. Feel free to play. I'll be out of office Tuesday, but will revisit wednesday. Since I have now completely uninstalled the 1.6.2 (which was working fine), but cannot get the 1.6.4 to work, I have put a note on the contact page.

Feel free to put it into maintenance mode for an hour or so.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 1, 2012 | Permalink
  5. David Peralty

Hi Joanna,

I tried to install the latest Gravity Forms 1.6.4.1 but the same thing still happened. Why do you "restore wp-content"?

I've e-mailed you asking for your FTP information so I can try out some stuff without having to ask you to do anything. If you could send that, I would really appreciate it.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 1, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Hello All,

Any update to this problem as I am having the same issue.

Thanks,

Ryan

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 3, 2012 | Permalink
  7. David Peralty

I never received FTP information from the user and as such, I'm not sure if she was able to solve her issue or not. Have you tried our troubleshooting steps?

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 3, 2012 | Permalink