PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Upgrading from GF 1.45 to 1.5

1. FOCUS_forms

I recently purchased the GF 1.45 plug-in and installed it in WordPress, where it is functioning quite well. When subsequently inquiring about a feature ()embedding HTML in a checkbox field), Kevin told me that this capability was included in 4.5, to be commercially released in "48 hours." Is 4.5 now available for download, am I entitled to a free upgrade, and how to I download and install the 1.5 plug-in to replace 1.45 in WordPress? Of course, I ant to do this without corrupting any of my exsiting form design, and hopefully also without affecting any of the data already collected using the form. Thanks. in advance.

Marty

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 30, 2011 | Permalink
  2. 1.5 was released last week and you can auto-upgrade directly from your plugins page. Normally, it's a simple couple of clicks and then you're running the new version. Your current forms/data won't be affected. Your license entitles you to free upgrades for the year, so you should be good to.

3. If you have 1.4.5 installed you can use automatic update to update to 1.5 IF you have correctly entered your Gravity Forms License Key on the Settings page of Gravity Forms (Forms > Settings). Once you enter your key, if an update is available it will appear on the Updates page (Forms > Updates) or the Plugins page.

You can also manually download the 1.5 zip file from the Plugin Downloads page and manually upgrade via FTP or by deleting 1.4.5 via your Plugins page and then uploading and installing the 1.5 zip file.

Your form data is stored in your database and will not be impacted.