PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

WP 3.3, Gravity 1.6.2, Forms not displaying

1. I had a malware issue on my old site so rather than trying to clean it up I scrapped the whole thing and started a clean install of wordpress, a new database, etc. I exported my previously working forms from my old site which was running WP 3.2. In my latest WP 3.3 environment, all the forms are there, they are active, and I can successfully add them to my pages but when I preview the page, I get the error "oops, we cannot locate your form". I'm running the latest version of PHP 5 and the same version of MySQL that the gravity were previously working on the WP 3.2 install. Any ideas??

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday December 31, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Have you tried the Meta Recovery Tool yet?

http://www.gravityhelp.com/downloads/

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday December 31, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Rob;

How does it work?

If I want to start from scratch and try this again - delete all the data from the database and re-import from the old one.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks!

Craig

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday January 1, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Craig, the meta recovery tool fixes the length of the serialized values in the database. When you change domains or directories or table prefixes, the length of those values changes some times, and when that happens, the value in the table is corrupt and you will get this error. The first thing to try is that meta recovery tool to see if it works.

If not, and you have a good backup of your old Gravity Forms data (forms and entries from all the rg_ tables) you can completely uninstall Gravity Forms by clicking the button on the bottom of the Forms > Settings page. That will uninstall Gravity Forms and drop all the tables. This is destructive. Don't do it unless you have a good backup. That is how to start over from scratch.

However, I don't think you need to do that. You have basically already done that by reinstalling WordPress and Gravity Forms and reimporting the forms.

Did you dump the database completely, or did you use the export function to save the forms as XML? How did you recover the form entries?

5. Hi Chris, thanks for your help. I still have the old database intact. I basically exported the entire database and then set up WP 3.3, installed all my plugins, etc and imported the old database. I tried exporting the forms as XML and that works but 2 things happen: it does not save the data for the "views" or the "entries" and also the form id's change. This may not be a bit deal to some but I have over 50 forms. So, I tried the meta tool you suggested and it didn't work. If I imported the xml file (that didn't have the view and entires), it did work. This is suggesting to me that there is something wrong with the original database import of the forms. Would you agree?

6. Furthermore, I went to the new site and took one of the forms and created a duplicate. I received the following warnings when I tried to preview the duplicate form:

warning invalid argument supplied for foreach() in wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/form_display.php on line 1467

warning invalid argument supplied for foreach() in wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/form_display.php on line 705

warning invalid argument supplied for foreach() in wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/form_display.php on line 128

I also got this error when I tried to view the notifications of the duplicate form:

warning invalid argument supplied for foreach() in wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 150

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 3, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Regarding this:

If I imported the xml file (that didn't have the view and entires), it did work. This is suggesting to me that there is something wrong with the original database import of the forms.

Yes, I agree. Something happened.

With the original database, can you create a new site on WordPress 3.2 rather than 3.3, then update that?

Is the domain name the same? Same server? Same directories? Anything else interesting? If everything here is the same, then you should not need the meta recovery tool.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 4, 2012 | Permalink
  8. The warnings are just that, warnings, they themselves do not cause problems. But they are pointing to the bigger issue, which IS the problem.

9. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Gravity Forms? Only do this if you have a good backup of the database, because you will lose all your forms and form entries.

10. Chris;

I tried that but it did not work.

Since no entries were in the database from the changeover I was not worried about losing any data.

I deleted Gravity forms and then re-installed and when I re-imported the XML file the form numbers were now way higher.

I would like to start from scratch?

How do I delete all the forms from the database so those tables are empty?

Once I have done that and deleted Gravity Forms what is the correct sequence of events to get this all back up and running.

It's been almost two weeks trying to fix this and it's killing my business.

So I need some very clear instructions on how to:
    - Delete all the stuff in the tables so I can start from scratch
    - The sequence of events related to importing the entries, installing Gravity forms, and importing the forms

Is there any way to get some phone support?

If so here is the toll free number to my cell phone: 866.744.7904.

Thanks!

Craig

11. If your business is dependent on this, I think you might want to get some local professional help. As the site was compromised by malware, it's hard to say what might have happened. It's difficult for us to tell you remotely how to approach this, and we can't help you by actually doing any of the work.

If you want to start from scratch, click the button on the bottom of the Forms > Settings page wp-admin/admin.php?page=gf_settings. That will delete all the database tables, and the plugin files. This will delete all entries. DO NOT do this if you care about your entries and do not have a backup of the rg_ tables.

To be certain the Gravity Forms tables are gone, I would check the database directly with a tool like phpMyAdmin and see that the wp_rg_* tables are gone.

Then, install the plugin. Assuming the database user has the proper permissions, that will create the appropriate tables in the database.

After that, if you have an XML export of each form, you can import them one at a time (or if you have one XML export of all forms, you can import them all at the same time as well) wp-admin/admin.php?page=gf_export&view=import_form

That will recreate your original forms, but you will have no entries. Only do this if you do not care about the entries.

Once you do that, you should have the latest WordPress (although 3.3.1 is out today) the latest Gravity Forms (1.6.2) and all your forms. And everything should work. If it does not, then maybe you have an issue with the database or database user. Things like this can happen if the Gravity Forms tables are not properly created.

Good luck Craig.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 5, 2012 | Permalink
  12. This helps...

Once I get it all set up how do I get my previous entries back in the database?

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Craig

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 5, 2012 | Permalink
  13. To return the entries, you have to have a database backup with the existing entries in the table. You will have to import the data back into the same tables, and hopefully the form IDs are the same. This might require a low level look at the database dump you have, and some SQL to renumber things if they're not correct.

Working with the database directly is always perilous, so please save a good original backup somewhere safe, make copies of it, then use one of the copies.

This is specialized work and it's difficult to give you all the steps in a forum like this. Proceed with caution. If you have an original backup of the database, be sure you save that somewhere safe, so you don't edit that accidentally.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 6, 2012 | Permalink