PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

1.5.1 update failed and wiped out all forms

1. Hi There,

Just attempted an upgrade and it failed and the old plug-in and all my forms are gone. Attempting back-up now. What How can this happen?

Any precautions I need to take?
    http://careerjourney.co.uk/contact/

not funny

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday April 10, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I managed to revert to the old version. What could have gone wrong?

3. lmilesw

I had the same problem with the auto upgrade (this time). I have auto upgraded in the past with no problems. What I did as a work around is download the latest version, uninstall my current version and install the the latest version. All of the forms should be and were still there.

4. Thanks, Not sure I will try. I have customer data in the background which means my reports will be broken if I needed new form ID'S etc.

5. Roger Due

When I tried to do an automatic update today, it failed with an error msg about some authorization (I didn't write it down). I then downloaded the latest v1.5.1.1, unzipped it, and uploaded via ftp and it seems to work. I just ftp'd over the previous version without first uninstalling it. The form is still there and seems to work.. I am also using the latest WordPress 3.1.1
    -- Thanks, Roger

6. @NL300 If your forms were gone how did you manage to revert to the old version? They use the same database. So the forms must not have been gone, so something else is going on. If you send us a WordPress admin login for the site via our Contact Us form we can take a look and see what is going on.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 11, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Hi Carl,

I ftp'ed in my back-up in the plug-in directory and forms were visible again.

I have deactivated the old plug in and ftp'ed in the new one (just over write) and that worked.

I have an SSL issue to be resolved so need the latest version as I understood from another comment I need before I get my SSL set-up
    Nik

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 18, 2011 | Permalink