PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

1.6.4 Beta 1 - Feedback

1. Fika

I am trying to use the new calculations in this beta to do some simple stuff . I have my total including tax and from that i want to calculate the tax amount and sub-total (Working backwards)

Here is my feedback / Mac 10.7 / FF / Chrome

My working scenario is

* Products (user can pick a multiple of products which gives a price)
    * Sub-Total
    * Tax
    * Total

The formulas I am using are very simple

* Tax Calculation = Total / 5 (as my tax rate is 25%)
    * Sub-Total Calculation = Total - Tax

Feedback
    * None of the fields update dynamically. For example, when I choose a product, the total updates but the tax, nor the subtotal update. This is the biggest problem as the calculations should happen on the fly otherwise this is useless.

* When I refresh (FF Only) the tax field updates correctly, but not sub-total, see next point

* The sub-total field above never updates. Not sure if it is because it is using a field (Tax) in it's own calculation which is doing calculations as well.

* On chrome the field has a drop down arrow, on FF not

* On default, maybe the fields should be populated with zero. Maybe that is possible in the advanced tab for the number field? have not tried it.

Hope this helps

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday April 19, 2012 | Permalink
  2. " Tax Calculation = Total / 5 (as my tax rate is 25%)"

that should be /4 if your tax rate is 25%

the rest, not sure, but as iam looking to use this function, live calculation are essential. I'm sure GF has a fix, or your formulas are wrong

Mark

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday April 21, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Fika

might want to check your own maths Mark...The total / 5 is getting my tax correct rate of 25%..20% of the total = 25% tax rate on product ;)

waiting on some input from the GF team...

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday April 21, 2012 | Permalink