PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

after update to v1.6.4.1 form not displaying

1. I have followed instructions to update, clear cache and restarted browser and form is not displaying.
    URL: http://www.kalamazoojuniorgolf.org/registration. Preview of form works. Tested on both Chrome and Firefox browsers.

I have another support topic for the incorrect pricing calculation which Rob H. has responded and looking into issue. Not sure if these two are related.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 1, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

The latest version of Gravity Forms requires JQuery version 1.7 or above. Your nMedia Mailchimp Widget has replaced the version that comes with WordPress by default (1.7.1) with its 1.4.4. Hence your current issue and why it works in preview mode (because such plugin stuff isn't pulled into the preview).

You'll need to get this corrected to solve the problem.

3. As David pointed out, Gravity Forms v1.6.4 uses functionality that exists in jQuery v1.7.1.

Now this typically isn't an issue... because WordPress itself uses jQuery v1.7.1. All themes and plugins should use and rely on the version of jQuery that WordPress comes with.

You have a plugin on your site, the nMedia MailChimp Widget that is telling WordPress to load jQuery v1.4.4 and NOT v1.7.1 This is bad.

This is what is causing your issue.

4. David & Carl,
    I have deactivated the plugin and my forms is displaying correctly. Many thanks for your help and quick response! I will let the nMedia developer know of the jQuery issue.

Thanks again!
    Chin..

5. Awesome, glad you got it sorted.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.