PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can't update to 1.5.2

1. Hello,

Get this error when I try to update the plugin:

"Downloading update from http://s3.amazonaws.com/gravityforms/releases/gravityforms_1.5.2.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=1603BBK66770VCSCJSG2&Expires=1304687040&Signature=cs35dZNP0g0wRayWR76R%2BQD6XBc%3D…

Download failed. Forbidden"

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Friday May 6, 2011 | Permalink
  2. This is a WordPress cache issue. Your WordPress site cached a link that has since expired. Try going to the Updates page under Forms (Forms > Updates in the dashboard navigation) and update from there.

3. Ok, thanks. Did that and now I get this error:

"Downloading update from http://s3.amazonaws.com/gravityforms/releases/gravityforms_1.5.2.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=1603BBK66770VCSCJSG2&Expires=1304764522&Signature=pgs%2FBiTTqr7%2BLETaa8dkuhDKOBM%3D…

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

Deactivating the plugin…

Removing the old version of the plugin…

Could not remove the old plugin.

Plugin update failed."

4. And now when I go to Plugins it doesn't show Gravity Forms anymore, so looks like it did delete it...

5. It sounds like your WordPress site screwed up the update. This happens from time to time, the WordPress automatic update routine isn't perfect. This piece isn't controlled by us and is handled by WordPress itself.

You will have to download v1.5.2 from the Plugin Downloads page here on the support site and install it via FTP.

FTP into your site, browser to wp-content/plugins and make sure there is no gravityforms folder. If there is a gravityforms folder, delete it. Then upload and install the v1.5.2 release you download from this support site.

Your forms will not be impacted, they still exist in your database. So just manually install the new version and it should be fine.

6. I was just about to post that I did just that :) Downloaded and installed the Plugin manually through FTP and now it works fine.
    Thanks!