Here's how I do it.
I use a shell with command line access, but you can do this with FTP as well.
- Unzip the RC5 release candidate in your desktop
- Delete the gravityforms folder in FTP on your server
- Upload the new gravityforms folder (it will be called gravityforms just like it was initially - it's not version numbered or anything)
- Log in to your wp-admin and visit the Gravity Forms setting page to see if there is anything new
- Check a few of your forms
I don't activate and deactivate. I remove the original directory, and upload a new version, in a directory of the same name.
I don't like copying files inside the folder and hoping they are all replaced properly. That never seems to work well.
Let me know if that works for you. Please back up first and don't try on a production site as this is still pre-release software.
Posted 8 years ago on Thursday October 27, 2011 | Permalink